Tanya Davies MP. Member for Mulgoa.

NSW LIBERALS & NATIONALS TO EXTEND VITAL PENSIONERS AND SENIORS CONCESSIONS

Tuesday January 27, 2015

“I am delighted with this week’s announcement by the NSW Premier Mike Baird and Minister for Ageing John Ajaka that a re-elected NSW Liberals & Nationals Government will offer further protections for NSW pensioners and seniors by extending the commitment to fund concessions that were cut in the Federal Budget” said Tanya Davies MP, Member for Mulgoa.

 

The concessions were withdrawn by the Commonwealth in its Budget last year, prompting the NSW Liberals & Nationals Government to cover the shortfall for 12 months.

 

This State Government support will be extended by a further three years should the NSW Liberals & Nationals win the March election – a $343 million commitment.

 

“We believe the cuts to these concessions were harsh which is why we acted swiftly to restore this vital support to the State’s pensioners and seniors for 12 months,” Premier Mike Baird said.

 

“With our Budget now under control and the State’s finances strong we are in a position to extend this vital support for a further three years.”

 

“I am committed to supporting pensioners and seniors in our community and this is great news for around 10,000 eligible pensioners and seniors in my electorate” said Tanya Davies.

 

The NSW Government remains strongly opposed to the Commonwealth’s termination of the concession agreement. We will continue to demand the Commonwealth fund these concessions and will have it as a key measure in white paper discussions.

 

For more information on the NSW Seniors Card and eligibility requirements call 13 7788 between 7am and 7pm Mon-Fri or go online at www.service.nsw.gov.au